Highbrow Brownies for a Lowbrow Pantry
April 7, 2020
By Holland Weekly
You may well have all the ingredients in your pantry already, and you don’t need fancy high-end cocoa powder to make these brownies delicious. Do check the date on your cocoa powder, though.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Briefly whisk together sugar, cocoa, flour, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs, oil, and water. Mix until smooth.
- Pour batter into an 8×8 baking pan lined with parchment paper or a pan greased with butter, margarine, or vegetable oil.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a knife comes out clean from testing the center.
- Remove and let cool at least 10 min. before cutting. Really.